Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Online Help

Hi all,
 I shall begin by introducing myself.I am Indu Chhibber,a Medical & Psychiatric Social Worker.I did my M.S.W. from Delhi University & worked at A.I.I.M.S & Nari Niketan before shifting out of Delhi.

I am running 'SAHYOG' * an Anti Suicide Helpline & Family Counseling Centre at Kota,Rajasthan.It was established in 2004.Through it many suicides have been averted & mental patients  too have benefited from Psychotherapy,Behavior Therapy & Casework Counseling.Cases of Anxiety,Depression,Personality Disorders,Marital Discord & other relationship problems too received help & showed improvement.


We often go through periods when we are depressed & agitated.Most of the times we manage to come out of it by ourselves but sometimes, major upheavals like death,disease,separation,failure or loss leave us shattered.At such times a professional can extend support and suggest a solution which is objective & not colored by overwhelming emotions.

It has been my experience that many people  shy away from visiting counselors or psychiatrists because of the stigma attached to Mental Disorders.I am offering online help in order to overcome this hurdle & I do hope that I will be able to help someone.It goes without saying that all information received by me will be strictly confidential.This is a completely free service and the fee is the satisfaction of helping a fellow being in distress.

You can contact me through my mail at indu.sahyog@gmail.com

Take care !

*"SAHYOG" is a Hindi word meaning cooperation.

28 comments :

  1. This is a great initiative by you. I will share it with my friends.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey indu.....

    are u ready to take all the burden??
    great luck dear...

    bless u.
    anu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anu it is not a burden at all,it gives me immense satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You caught me there , i shall have to rectify this.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very sweet gesture. Really, sometimes it's easier to share things in a mail, right? I'm sure you'll be shoulder to cry on. :)
    Very, very sweet.
    Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divya you spread happiness.I hope i can be of help to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing and well done , I hope you did get to help a few and sure as and when i need help I know who to shout for ..

    You are a good person and be like that always we need lots of good people to make this world a better place to live in

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!your praise will inflate me!I sincerely hope you will not need any such help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very valuable and great initiative Indu! A true service without any pomp and show, indeed!
    (Beware: we all are queuing up:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nice joke at the end!Thank you Amitjee for your valuable support.

      Delete
  10. All the best Indu, such a great cause. I am sure you can help many with your counselling:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree Indu. There is a stigma associated with Mental Illness in India but things are much better today and acceptance seems to be on the rise. Your initiative is a very laudable step. Good Luck and God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Jaishree for your support & wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once we have respect for ourselves and others we are better humans. Lovely bit of effort and introspection there, Indu! I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Panchali your appreciation counts a lot,thank you ever so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great initiative.Likewise we do need counselling for the Farmer who tend to commit suicides out of debt and other economic problems.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Amit,yes they need help , they should be helped at the local levels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just arrived here today, so may be my response might look delayed.

    I highly appreciate what you are doing Indu jee. Have read a couple of the posts you wrote, about the boy who was trying for suicide, the 41 year old failure from all social perspectives person.

    In my opinion, each one of us is facing some kind of mental illness.

    One, sometimes many people go back to the high abode without even knowing it.

    Second is, the very rare few in India, actually go and take help/advice and try to resolve it. Here, like you mentioned, family also needs to understand that healing is a process whereby they also have to participate and it's not only the patient's problem.

    Thirdly, tha largest bunch, most people get to know it, but can't share it, just live their lives with those issues. I feel most concerned about them. I feel they are not able to live their lives at all with completeness, even for a minute. And due to society, cannot even say it most of the times.

    You are doing great work. I wish you all life's happiness and peace to be able to carry on what you are doing with full zeal and enthusiasm.

    Regards....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saggy your praise is so heartening,and the last line--it bowled me over.

    It is true-we are living in tough times.The stressors are many but the support systems are declining.And as you say,very few go to professionals for help.What's more they keep it cooped up as you say.Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I didn't know that you are doing such a great job, Indu! It's awesome. I know many people, who just crib and preach online, and consider there duty done. Unfortunately, I'm one of them. I really feel proud to know that someone is doing something constructive and worthwhile.

    Once again, great job and God bless you for this initiative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rakesh,you are very generous.I am trying,but the response is not what I had wanted it to be :(

      Delete
  20. I am so happy to have met you here, Indu ji! So glad you visited my blog through which I visited yours and discovered about you and your wonderful initiative.
    God bless you! We all know how much we need angels like you in our midst today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading.Do,give your feedback.